You are hereHome ›
The Advanced Technology Centre for Renewable Energies (CTAER) is principally devoted to devising and executing research projects aimed at developing new technologies, testing already existing ones and providing the necessary scientific tools to optimise the exploitation of renewable energy resources. More efficient and affordable technologies, processes and tools, adapted to arising needs.
The main ongoing R&D projects focus on solar and biomass Areas. Adjacent to the pioneering Solar Plant (PSA) located in the Tabernas desert (Almeria), CTAER has a 91 hectare area with high insolation for establishing a test facilities for new solar plant concepts for all types of concentrated solar technologies using variable geometry, and other innovations focused on enhancing the overall performance of commercial plants.
Regarding biomass, CTAER has set up in Mengibar (Jaen) a laboratory and a test bench for biomass boilers, which are already a national reference for companies specialising in the exploitation of energy from the different forms of biomass.
CTAER carries out both its own and collaborative research and technological development projects, either subcontracted or directly ordered by the developers.
- Demonstration projects for industrial initiatives
- Collaboration in external projects
- Self-developed Research, Development and Innovation (R&D) projects
- Performance certification (for components, systems, materials etc.)
- Private studies, consulting, training and information dissemination in Renewable Energies